Lemon Loaf Cake

Today I decided to try out an online recipe I found: http://www.food.com/recipe/our-favourite-lemon-loaf-38953. The comments were all very positive, so I was very optimistic. It took me ~15mins to prepare & 45mins to bake. I omitted the saucing bit.

Adapted recipe:

Ingredients A
1.5 Cup cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Ingredients B
125gm butter (1/2 a block), slightly softened
1 Cup castor sugar

Ingredients C
2 eggs
1/4 Cup milk
Grated zest & juice from 1 lemon (about 1/4 Cup)

1) Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
1) Sift Ingredients A and set aside.
2) Cream Ingredients B, then gradually beat in eggs, milk, then lemon juice & zest.
3) Pour in the flour, mix and stir till well-blended.
4) Pour into greased & lined (for non-stick tin, just line with baking paper) 9" x 5" loaf tin & bake for 55mins. With my water oven, I removed the cake after 45mins. 

Note: Cake has a lemony tart zing, great for those who love lemons & limes like me! It tastes great on its own, but can also be dressed up with cream cheese frosting.


Got a bit worried about all the cracks!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...